*Originally written for and posted on the ListEngage blog*
Admittedly, we’ve been urging (ok, harassing) our clients to get their marketing efforts online and moving with social networks, email, and blogs for the past few years, however, we’d also like to take a moment to just reflect on “good old fashion marketing”. That’s right, we’d like to suggest despite our love for HTML, landing pages, and dynamic content in emails that Offline Marketing isn’t just some hairbrained idea for old turkeys and people who still use a rotary phone.
The truth of the matter is that until the human race is completely pushed to our electronic limits with 24 hours a day of iPhones, mp3 players, laptops, tablets, and the likes – we all have to, at some point during the day, look up! So why not:
- take that time to put your online marketing efforts on an offline print ad?
- use your company wheels as a rolling billboard? – foodcart or not, it’s “mobile advertising”, minus the smartphone
- tweak your business cards to include your facebook page or twitter profile?
- host a “tweetup” or “blog party” for people who share your business interests
- think outside the box: t-shirts with your @TwitterHandle on ‘em at conferences? QR code for a free burrito on a train advertisement? SMS campaign contest that starts with an advertisement at a sporting event? Stress balls with your cleverly named Industry Blog & URL at your next networking event? Yes, yes, yes and yes!